This is a helpful list of ideas for productive tasks you can do while moping around the house during the cold season, or simply while watching a movie. Unleash your stored up DVR recordings, turn up your iPod, or crack open a bottle of wine; these tasks are not difficult, but they are too often forgotten. Make them an enjoyable experience so that way maybe, just maybe, you don’t put them off so long.
Of course, our favorite ideas are #27 and 28: Find and organize your old photos & videos to send them in to PhotoBin for converting! (Biased? Who us? never!!)
- Organize your kitchen drawers
- Clean your remote control and phone buttons with a cotton swab
- Organize take out menus and update your phone with favorites
- Clean your humidifiers
- Clean your hair brushes and makeup brushes
- Downsize movie and music collections
- Clean the inside of your washing machine and dishwasher
- Alphabetize your DVD collection
- Restock your home office area with fun things
- Sort your junk drawer – You might find some cool stuff!
- Shred old mail (you know you have a pile of it!)
- Wash your pillow covers and clean under the cushions in your sofa
- Self-clean your oven (or do it by hand)
- Clean under the kitchen sink, and organize your cleaning supplies
- Clean & polish your shoes.
- Untangle and organize your jewelry
- Make a list of family and friend’s birthdays for the year (Facebook helps)
- De-fur the pets, brush and wash them
- Organize/throw out old magazines
- Remove the lint filling up your blow dryer’s intake filter
- Clean the crumb trap at the bottom of your toaster
- Organize your closet – make a “donation” & “throw-away” pile
- Organize your kid’s closet
- Shake out the dust from rugs & cushions (outside of course)
- Organize your book shelf by title, theme, or even color
- Update the pictures in your picture frames
- Find and gather all your boxes of photos and start sorting! Organize by size and date to prepare for sending them in to PhotoBin for photo scanning service
- Find all of your old home videos and send them in to PhotoBin to be converted to DVD!
Keep reading our blog for great ideas!
To visit Apartment Therapy and see their original blog, click here: www.apartmenttherapy.com